Umrah Visas now open
June 01, 2017 Ali Sajaad
There has been much discussion and confusion regarding the new Umrah Visa fee structure which were recently announced by Saudia Arabia. With the Umrah season now officially beginning, the Saudi Embassy has started issuing Umrah Visas, so we thought we would help clarify the confusion around the fees.
New Umrah Visa fees
The Saudi authorities have introduced new visa fees for repeat pilgrims. This is currently being applied to those who have travelled within the last three years on an Umrah Visa. The fee is SR2000 per passenger and is collected at the time of entering passport details for visa authorisation.
New Fee Exemption Categories;
- Those who have not travelled in the last three years
- Those who have previously travelled on a Hajj visa but have not travelled on an Umrah visa in the last three years.
Some useful information about Umrah
- The last date for travel is 25 Ramadan
- The maximum permitted stay in Saudi Arabia is 14 days
- Hotel accommodation must be booked through an approved Ministry of Hajj agent
- The first transfer from the airport to your hotel of stay must be booked through an approved Ministry of Hajj agent
We advise that you make your bookings with a reputable travel agent (this is a point we cannot stress enough). Get references from the agent and call or visit pilgrims that used the agent previously. Please read our Fraud advice article which will help you understand what to look our for when making a Hajj or Umrah booking.
May Allah bless and accepts all our Umrah trips.
Ali Sajaad | Published — Tuesday 1 November 2016